Monday, October 01, 2007

It was another beautiful blessful Sunday on which I should have studied for my Monday exam in Political theory. However I did not have any mood at all as the weather finally turned to be sunny and warm. Therefore I called my mother and talked to her for almost an hour. When she was telling me about her silver marriage trip to India with dad, I was jealous. She will visit New Delhi and Agra, looking up to the top of Himalayas. When they look down, they would capture the sight of Taj Mahal, a promise that the king has kept for his queen....I got lost simply by picturing that.

The phone call only made me more irritated. That was when Misi called me and suggested that we should go to Antwerp for a cycling trip and pay a visit to his friends. We had Spinach gravy with fillet for lunch and we departed around noon.

It was such a good idea as the wheather was so lovely. When we arrived we went straight away to the river by acrossing the red light district.

As I have been living in Holland for a year and a half, I can master my bike much more confidently. In the picture above I was actually riding a bike with one hand, passing the crowd easily... when I declared this proundly, my dutch mates were laughing so hardly, saying that,'Eva, no offence. But we can do that when we were 5.' Sometimes the cultural differences are uninterpretatble.


There was also a boat exhibition by the river. Many steam ships tried to show off by making noices that almost made everyone deaf. What could we ask for more? A sunny Sunday with all these specticular boats parking by the river, each of them is welcoming people to enter the ship and have a cold beer there. A very social activity indeed.





After 2 hours biking and walking, we went to visit Misi's friends. One of his young fellow had problem with flashing the toilet, so we spent some times to fix the problem. When finally the pump contributed its function, we felt that it was all worthy to come so far to repair someone's toilet.

Before we went home, we dropped by an arabic bakery to have some delicacy. It was cheap and delicious. Something that you won't find in the Netherlands. To make my Sunday even better, I received a letter from the teacher that the next day test would be postponed. What's more was that Misi started cooking cauliflower soup for dinner. I said, 'it is too much of a good thing....'

Amen.




No comments: